Who We Are
Stonewater Village is a roleplaying guild on the North American server in Elder Scrolls Online.
The guild’s theme is that of an Argonian village founded on the idea that outsiders, even other races, are welcome in the village. Any and all can help this place grow and evolve alongside their characters.
The roleplay is fairly casual. With the more intense scenarios saved for events. Roleplay happens any time of day depending on the mood of the guild members. If you want to roleplay always feel welcome to ask. Roleplay events are held bi-monthly in the late afternoons. Our scheduling times are all based on Eastern Standard Time (EST). The guild is structured horizontally. Meaning that no member is given a role more important than another in character or out. The exception to this being the guild leader, officers, or volunteer event leaders. There are no ranks to climb to become important.
Stonewater Village was founded as a safe haven for “Ojel”. Those without a tribe, without a family, or without a place to go. As such the village welcomes all those who seek a place to call home; be they scaled, furred, or of dry skin.
Stonewater Village is mostly a trading hub. Situated on the southern end of Shadowfen it serves as a rest stop for many making their way into/out of the deeper recesses of Black Marsh.
Though governed by a Head Chieftain, that title is merely for traditions sake. A hold over from the denizens of Black Marsh who travelled north to find a place for themselves. The town is structured more horizontally, wherein all citizens have a voice in how the village handles outside interaction. At the end of the day, however, the Head Chieftain ultimately steers the direction the village takes. Maintaining its vision and goals.
- Any instances of powerplaying, godmodding, or metagaming during roleplay will not be tolerated.
- All public guild rolls can (and should) be done on this website to ensure fairness.
- Please take care not to break immersion for other roleplayers. This includes: taking unrealistic actions in-character, sprinting through roleplayers, etc. If someone genuinely asks you to stop doing something that is breaking immersion, please take the request seriously.
- Abide by basic Elder Scrolls continuity and lore. Never be afraid to ask questions about lore; we can help you!
- Understand that in-character actions will have in-character consequences.
- Understand that there is a difference between being in character and out of character. Keep personal squabbles out of roleplay.
- Mature themes may be present in Stonewater. However, we ask that roleplay of a sexual nature (i.e. ERP) be conducted in whispers or another private venue.
- Be respectful of fellow guildmates and visitors. This includes the guild chat, forum, and Discord group. Harassment, insults and discriminatory language are not acceptable. Discord/the forums are not to be used to talk behind others’ backs. Basically, just don’t be rude.
- In-character purchases such as food, supplies, gear, etc. will never be expected to be paid with actual in-game currency. Roleplay gold only.
- Items in the guild bank are free game, but you must contact a guild officer to retrieve it.
- The guild reserves the right to remove members after a month of unannounced inactivity.
- If a player is not present in a stall, store, or other merchant type environment to fill the role of shopkeeper during roleplaying, it can be assumed that an (invisible) NPC merchant is present.
- Physical brawls outside of designated fighting areas are frowned upon and may result in a suspension from the property.
- All physical altercations will be done through rolls, unless both parties agree to another form of handling a fight. Details on how fights are handled in this guild can be found here.
- Visitors of Stonewater Village are not permitted entry into locked rooms (see here) without permission or a key.
- Private rooms must be paid for prior to use.
- Characters attempting to steal from the property will be removed (unless otherwise given permission by a guild leader or acting in accordance with a guild event scenario).
- Killing, damaging, or otherwise harming another character is not allowed without all parties involved giving their consent before the act.